Shadow effect

Mary Rae Fouts, EA, CFP® has 29 years of experience addressing tax, insurance, and financial matters.  Mary provides Tax and Consulting Services to a wide variety of clients throughout the United States, in addition to Expert Witness Services in federal courts, state courts, and arbitration venues. 

Mary addresses a wide array of technical and complex insurance, tax, annuity, and finanical matters.  Her Curriculum Vitae is available to qualified prospecitve clients upon request.  

Life and Disability Insurance Analyst License

Mary has earned the prestige of being on the select few Life and Disability Insurance Analysts licensed by the California Department of Insurance.  The California Life and Disability Insurance Analyst License provides for the interpretation of the rights of any party to an annuity, disability insurance, or life insurance contract.  This provision specifically applies to a licensed individual who receives compensation for these services from any person or source other an insurance company.  
California law provides that a licensed Life and Disability Insurance Analyst can interpret the rights of any party to an annuity, disability insurance, or life insurance contract; provide advice on matters concerning such contracts; and charge a fee for such services.


Mary and other CFP® professionals certified by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.  CFP®  candidates must demonstrate education, examination, financial planning experience, and ethics prior to earning the CFP® certification and practicing as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM.

CFP® candidates must complete financial planning coursework; pass a national financial planning examination; pass a background check; hold a bachelor's degree; adhere to a code of ethics; and fulfill ongoing continuing education requirements.  They also employ a fiduciary responsibility to put financial planning clients' financial interests first.

Enrolled Agent License

An Enrolled Agent ("EA") is a federally authorized tax practitioner licensed by the United States Department of the Treasury.  Enrolled Agents, who operate under the Department of the Treasury's Circular 230 regulations, work for and represent United States taxpayers.
As a federally licensed Enrolled Agent, Mary is authorized to prepare tax returns, provide tax advice, and represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service, state, and local taxing authorities in all 50 states and all United States territories.  The extensive, nationwide reach of the Enrolled Agent license can add substantial value to the Enrolled Agent/Client relationship.
Enrolled Agent candidates must pass a rigorous examination covering taxation, procedures, and ethics; pass a background check (which may include an examination of the past 3 years of tax returns for both the EA candidate and his or her spouse); and fulfill ongoing continuing education requirements. 

Life Insurance: Life-Only Agent and
Accident and Health Agent Licenses

Mary and other individuals who hold the California Life-Only Agent License and the California Accident and Health Agent License are commonly referred to as holding the "full Life Agent" license.  A Life Agent is an appointed agent of the insurance company, acting on behalf of and receiving compensation from the insurance company.  A fully-licensed Life Agent is allowed to transact the following lines of insurance: life, annuity, disability, health, long term care, and workers' compensation. 
Impeccable Professional Credentials:  Mary Rae Fouts, EA, CFP®

Fire and Casualty Broker-Agent License: Casualty Broker-Agent and
Property Broker-Agent Licenses

A California Fire and Casualty Broker-Agent License is a combination of two insurance licenses, the Casualty Broker-Agent license and the Property Broker-Agent license.  This license provides that a person may act as an agent or broker within the fire and casualty lines of insurance.

A licensed Broker acts on behalf of and is compensated by an individual other than an insurance company, such as a policy owner, insured, or other interested party.  A licensed Agent is an appointed agent of the insurance company, acting on behalf of and receiving compensation from the insurance company. 

For More Information

Contact Mary at (925) 979-9972 or  Thanks for stopping by!